Saturday, June 30, 2012

Darrell Evans

My family listens to all kinds of music (our iTunes library is quite eclectic), but the music I've primarily grown up listening to is classic worship.  I'm talkin' Hillsong, Barry and Michelle Patterson, IHOP, Vineyard, Rita Springer, Jason Upton...and other artists my mom and dad have introduced me to, since I was a little girl.  One of our family favorites is Darrell Evans.   

He came and did a worship night at my grandparents' church a few weeks ago and because it's small, we got FRONT ROW SEATS.  He just came with his guitar, but the music was richer and more powerful than if he would have had a full band because
A. He is exceptionally gifted as a musician, and 
B. He is undoubtedly passionate about the words he's singing to his King.  He loves Jesus so much.  I was invigorated by his public display of love for the Lord, and was encouraged by the words he spoke between songs.  



Jackson and I have been involved with the worship team at church for about a month now, and we are doing one of my favorite Darrell Evans' songs, "Trading My Sorrows," this week.  This song has really ministered life to my family in the hard parts of our journey. 

"I've been pressed, but not crushed
Persecuted, not abandoned,
Struck down, but not destroyed.  
I am blessed beyond the curse
For His promise will endure
And His joy's gonna be my strength.

Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes in the morning.

I'm trading my sorrows
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying them down
For the joy of the Lord"  

1 comment:

  1. I went to a youth conference in Mass. a couple of months ago, and they had Leeland do an afternoon session -- I was SO blessed by it! He wasn't just there to do a job, but to bless the next generation by showing how genuine his love for the Lord is. I loved it and I'm so glad you got to experience that! It's something you'll never forget =)
    -Camilla

    ReplyDelete