Saturday, November 24, 2012

Team Emma Dirmeyer

I just spent the morning with our dear friends, the Dirmeyers, in San Antonio.  They have been very close to our family for a long time.  When I was about 5 or 6, we got to be with Daniel and Laciee as newlyweds every day, because they managed the bakery we owned on the square in Lancaster.  Actually, Daniel's mom was the midwife at my birth almost 18 years ago, and he prophesied over me when I was in my mom's belly, when he was only a little boy.

Their beautiful 8-year-old little girl, Emma, is going through treatment for brain cancer right now.  They were in the hospital with her for several weeks, uncertain about when they would be able to bring her home.  God told Emma that He was going to heal her when she was in the hospital.  When someone asked her if she would go through all of it again if people would give their lives to Christ as a result of her tumor, she said she would, and she added that if only ONE person would be saved, she'd do it again.

If I were Emma, I probably would have been afraid and wondering what the heck God was up to!  But she, with her beautiful child-like faith, doesn't think that way.  She has complete trust that He is faithful and knows EXACTLY what He's doing.  This battle she has willingly embraced isn't just about her.  In the long run, it's about the expansion of His Kingdom!  When people see how she trusts in this God she knows is loving, even though there are stitches in her head and side, and a less than pleasant treatment regimen in place, they will know there is more to this life than the circumstances we see with our human eyes.   
This all just gets me thinking...how can I not have stronger trust in our great God, when this little girl has no doubt that He has total power to heal her?!  It's made me do a personal check on my relationship with Him.  It is quite evident that Emma knows that the Lord wants her in deep intimacy with Him, and being around her makes ME want to have a deeper intimacy with Him!  She and her older sister, Grace, prayed over my mom's leg with such confidence today.  This family is convinced that Jesus can and does heal today, like He did when He walked the earth.


To stay updated on Emma happenings and to know what you can do to help, visit:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Emma-Dirmeyer/235402013255774
Emma holding our lovely Annemarie today, when we were with she and her amazing, brave family :)

Please pray for the Dirmeyer family, as they walk through this season. Pray for strength to keep pressing onward, and for peace over their minds and spirits.  They are my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment