Saturday, April 6, 2013

His Nature

Do you ever feel like God doesn't know what's going on in your life?  Like He doesn't know it's painful and messyI struggle with feeling that way sometimes, although I know it's not based on truth.  I know this because in James 1 it says that in Him "there is no variation or shadow due to change".  It's funny how so often we know the truth, yet we either choose to believe or inadvertently believe the opposite.  I suppose this is just part of the battle that comes with having a sin nature

"When the tide rises high
And we cannot see the shore 
Be by my side forever more" 
~The Vespers "Please"

He is by my side when I'm in the depths of the ocean of despair.  He really is...even when it feels like I'm in this "alone"

Notes I took while listening to Graham Cooke's "The Nature of God" that are life to me in this part of my journey:

This great God that we serve will throw us into situations beyond us, with no other thought but that His great heart will sustain us.

He is consistent, but He's also unpredictable.
He's called me to live in His faithfulness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment