Monday, July 15, 2013

Brilliant

We all want to be around people who think we're brilliant and awesome.  It's just natural that you wouldn't look forward to being with people who don't like you, ya know?  I love it how in "A Beautiful Mind" (with Russell Crowe) the woman he marries is so INTO him...she loves all the little things about him that no one else has ever been intrigued by or attracted to.  This sweet Jesus that we love and serve is totally crazy about us like that...He thinks we're brilliant and loves all of the little things about us that no one else notices.  He doesn't want us to be anything other than close to Him, and moving towards deeper intimacy with Him, by continually working on our stuff/letting Him mold us into the people He's called us to be.

It makes me want to cry happy tears, when I think about THAT kind of love.  He loves me just because He delights in me as a person.  He loves me with all of the good parts of me, and He loves me in my messiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment