Friday, September 21, 2012

Jackson is 15!!

Jackson turned 15 on September 17!! Whew! 15 years of life! It's so amazing how he's matured this year. He's really and truly one of my best friends and comrades in the faith. He just picked up playing acoustic guitar at ArtLife 2012 (as did I) after maybe one semester of lessons at co-op years ago, and he is over the top (August Rush, man...). He also just taught himself how to play electric guitar last weekend. What is that?! He sounds like he's been playing for years. Having been a drummer since he was about 2, he's had tons of experience in music, but I think he hasn't been able to fully flesh out the music he's wanted to make until he learned the guitar.

Music has always been a huge part of our family culture. But besides a few years of music lessons here and there for some of us older Simmons people, we haven't had musicians in the house (at least not to the point that we could have live music for family worship). So it's new to us and we LOVE it! It's been one of the bridges that's made Jack and I closer this year. We're constantly (along with Libby and Emma) getting each other's thoughts on the music we're writing, and helping each other edit and refine our work. It's the coolest experience!

So, Jackson. I bless you, dear one. Thank you for being my friend- enjoying the good parts of me and enduring and helping me grow up in the areas of my life where I'm still quite immature. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of the parts of your heart that you reserve for trusted friends. I love you, Jackie☺

No comments:

Post a Comment