Saturday, October 20, 2012

Autumn, New Tunes, and Music Class

Here in Texas, autumn comes later than in most places.  But before it officially arrives, bringing consistently cool weather most of the time, we sometimes have chilly days in between our warm days.  To my sheer joy, this month we had several full weekends in the high 50s!  It's so refreshing...so invigorating!  


One of my favorite things about cool days is snuggling up in comfy, warm clothes and watching a good movie or music videos on YouTube.  :)  Yes...that's what I said.  I watch random music videos on YouTube.  I'm actually pretty good at unearthing some "worth-your-while" ones.  

The reason I bring this up is because I found a band, Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors, after Mom heard his wife, Ellie Holcomb, on Pandora.  She sounds like a mixture of Loretta Lynn and Norah Jones, if you can imagine that.  I don't have a favorite genre of music, but I would say these guys are one of my favorite groups.

                      

There are certain songs, movies scenes, and just atmospheres that make me so happy.  It's that feeling where you're so implicitly happy, you don't know what to do with yourself, but just soak it up and enjoy the moment!  I get the chills sometimes when I'm that happy.  This is one of those songs/videos for me.



Another exciting thing that happened for me this fall:

I took a job as a music teacher at a Montessori school a few blocks away from home.  It's an elementary music class, where I teach the children little songs with hand motions and dances (to keep their attention).  I am especially excited about teaching them Christmas songs in a couple of months.  The school meets in an old house, and my students will have a little performance on the porch on their last day before Christmas break.  Christmas and just winter, period, is my favorite time of year!  I feel like Laura Ingalls (I love Little House on the Prairie) when she first became a teacher: so excited and feeling quite grown up :).    

No comments:

Post a Comment