Sunday, September 9, 2012

New Guitar

I learned how to play the guitar on a classical guitar, which isn't really meant for strumming.  It's made for fancy pickin'...like this:

Love this video, by the way.  
It's such a beautiful sample of Gungor's music :).  They're simply wonderful, in terms of their musicianship and songwriting skills.  Below is another video of Gungor, just because it makes me happy.  Someday I hope to be able to play the guitar as freely as Michael Gungor.  I love how he has fun while making music, and I love it that there's not a musical box or particular genre that they fit into.  Every time they create music, it's completely different from their past projects.

Jackson and I had been pricing guitars for a while, and we were starting to get discouraged, because even the "cheap," quality guitars were not within our scope.  We were talking one day about our frustrations and I said, "I wish Jesus would just give us a guitar."  Well, it turns out that my Jesus is not only a good daddy, who loves to love on His children, but He loves to surprise us sometimes, too!  My dad's friend (who's been a spiritual uncle to me, since I was about 3) FREAKING GAVE ME A GUITAR last weekend!!  I didn't fully realize how much I love the guitar (and just music, period) until I had a "real" guitar!  I'm not as good as I hope to be someday, but I'm a beginner and I don't need to be August Rush to honor God with my passion:).  

*Note to all musicians and lovers of music:
If you haven't seen August Rush, it's a "must see".  It will inspire you in your gifts and talents.  Plus the music is EXCELLENT!
    
This is my new guitar (a Seagull) next to my classical one.  Jesus is so sweet to me!  This is just a story of how good He is to His loved ones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment